Courses - WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Control (TC) Refresher
WA Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Control (TC) Refresher
- Upon successful completion of this course participants will be re-issued with a Main Roads Western Australia Accreditation and Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
IntroductionSPRING SPECIAL - 20% OFF! WAS
This course is a refresher program designed to refresh participants knowledge and skills to safely implement a traffic management plan for works on roads and to safely control traffic.
CTF Funding available. See below for more details.
Terms and conditions for the SPRING PROMOTION -
- The discount is only available when the course is completed within September - December.
- No transfers of course dates. Once booked into a course, you will NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSFER to another course.
- NO REFUNDS. Once booked into the course using the discount, NO REFUNDS will be provided if you're unable to attend.
As this is a refresher course, learners will need to provide copy of their current MRWA accreditation in BWTM and TC that is current or expired for no more than 3-months past the expiry date.
Course requirements:All learners are required to:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills to ACSF level 2 or above
- Bring your own PPE (including steel capped boots, long pants and high visibility shirt / vest / jacket).
- Provide a valid driver's licence (not a permit)
- Provide evidence of a valid WorkSafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training card (blue card) or construction Induction (white card)
- Provide evidence of previously completed BWTM and TC certification including a Statement of Attainment or USI Transcript showing all 4 units of competency.
- Provide evidence of BWTM and TC accreditation cards (or interstate equivalent) - current or expired for no more than 3 months past the expiry date.
- Documented evidence of active engagement in the traffic management industry within the last 12 months including:
- A completed and signed SWMS used on a worksite by the applicant, and;
- Minimum 1 of the following:
- risk assessment participation or pre-start documentation, and;
- Daily diary signed by you (learner) or details of the TMP number, contractor etc. to be verified by the RTO.
- Details of minimum 3 worksites where you have performed BWTM and TC activities (e.g. setting up signs/devices, controlling traffic, pedestrian management, etc.) over the last 12 months. Include your supervisor’s name and number for verification.
To reduce our environmental impact, we are digitizing our training material. Please ensure that you bring your smart-phone / tablet / laptop as you'll be required to scan a QR code to download the Learner Guide of this course.
Learners may be eligible for a Construction Training Fund (CTF) Subsidy to support training of eligible workers in the construction industry. For more information please refer to www.ctf.wa.gov.au. The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry.
A portion of your course fee may be subsidised by the CTF, subject to eligibility.
For eligible participants, CTF funding will cover $245 of this course, meaning you only pay $135.
We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
- At the completion of this course your knowledge and understanding of traffic management legislation and procedures for traffic control will be refreshed. Key learning areas include:
- Controlling traffic with a stop-slow bat
- Working safely and following work health and safety policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate in an operational role in traffic control, and
- Implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices to ensure traffic flow is maintained and safety of the public and workers is maximised
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
The course re-addresses the skills and knowledge required to safely implement a traffic management plan for works on roads and to safely and efficiently control traffic in a variety of situations. This course is suitable for those individuals wishing to re-address the requirements for Main Roads Western Australia accreditation for Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Control (TC).
|Date||Time||Location||Cost||I’m booking for myself||I’m booking for others|
|5 December 2023||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||Kewdale||$380.00|
|30 January 2024||08:30 am - 04:00 pm||Kewdale||$380.00|
Not sure which course to choose?
Request a call so we can talk about:
- Funding eligibility criteria
- Course study models
- Estimated job salaries
"*" indicates required fields