Courses - VIC Traffic Control and Management Combo
VIC Traffic Control and Management Combo
- The successful completion of this course will provide learners with a Statement of Attainment for two units and an Accreditation Card.
This short course covers the two units of competency for worksite traffic management in Victoria. The course will teach learners the skills to plan and prepare for traffic control, how to operate communication devices, how to direct and control traffic with a stop-slow bat correctly and how to clean up worksites safely.
It will also provide learners with the skills and knowledge they need to interpret and implement traffic guidance schemes and install/remove signs and devices in accordance to traffic management plans for road work ensuring traffic flow is maintained and safety of the public and workers is maximised.
For more information on traffic management training requirements in Victoria please visit the VicRoads website.
This course is aimed at learners who want to work as a Traffic Controller in Victoria or perform traffic control duties and those who are required to set up and work with Traffic Guidance Schemes.
Learners are required to:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills to ACSF level 2 or above
- Bring your own PPE (including steel capped boots, long pants and high visibility shirt / vest / jacket).
If you are keen to work as a Traffic Controller in Victoria it is also highly recommended that you have a White Card and hold a provisional or open drivers licence as you will be required to travel to work sites and may be required to drive work vehicles.
- Prepare to control traffic
- Control traffic and operate communication devices
- Conduct housekeeping activities
- Prepare to implement traffic management plan
- Set out traffic guidance scheme
- Monitor traffic guidance scheme
- Close down work activities
- Part 1 (Theory Component) - includes presentations, group activities, written activities.
- Part 2 (Practical Component) - individuals are required to demonstrate their new skills in a simulated controlled work environment.
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
We don’t currently have any upcoming enrolments available. Please contact us for the latest course information
Not sure which course to choose?
Request a call so we can talk about:
- Funding eligibility criteria
- Course study models
- Estimated job salaries
"*" indicates required fields