Courses - QLD Traffic Management Implementation
QLD Traffic Management Implementation
- The successful completion of this course will provide learners with a Statement of Attainment and Accreditation Card
IntroductionThis short course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills they need to interpret and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance to traffic guidance schemes for roadwork ensuring traffic flow is maintained and safety of the public and workers is maximised.
This course consists of two parts, a theory component and practical component, both must be successfully completed to be deemed competent.
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills to ACSF level 2 or above
- Hold a General Construction Induction Card (White card, CPCWHS1001 or equivalent)
- Bring your own PPE (including steel capped boots, long pants and high visibility shirt / vest / jacket).
To reduce our environmental impact, we are digitizing our training material. Please ensure that you bring your smart-phone / tablet / laptop as you'll be required to scan a QR code to download the Learner Guide of this course.
TMR's e-learning programs - Working in Proximity to Traffic Parts 1 & 2 must be completed within 3 months to obtain TMI accreditation. These are completed online via the TMR website and fees paid directly to them.
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Funding
For eligible participants CSQ funding cover $242 of the course cost, meaning you only have to pay $88.
This funding is provided for the unit: RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans.
To see if you are eligible for CSQ funding, please submit an online Application Form along with all the required documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: CSQ funding is subject to availability of funds. Please contact us for more information.
We acknowledge the support of the CSQ in reducing the cost of training for eligible workers.
- Prepare to implement traffic management plan
- Set out traffic guidance scheme
- Monitor traffic guidance scheme
- Close down work activities
- Part 1 - Theory Classroom - this part is delivered in a classroom environment, face to face, over 1 day and involves a variety of learning methods including presentations, group activities, and simulated and practical exercises to practice new skills and knowledge.
- Part 2 - Practical Assessment - this part involves learners demonstrating their skills and knowledge developed from the classroom. This involves completing a minimum of three (3) separate signage set ups of varying complexity on live job sites. One of the set ups will include controlling site construction vehicles. You will be required to complete this at your own workplace and get your supervisor to complete a Supervisor Report.
If you need assistance with Part 2, we can book you into an assessment day for an additional $165.
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
|Date||Time||Location||Cost||I’m booking for myself||I’m booking for others|
|6 December 2023||07:00 am - 04:00 pm||Northgate||$330.00|
|20 December 2023||07:00 am - 04:00 pm||Northgate||$330.00|
|17 January 2024||07:00 am - 04:00 pm||Northgate||$330.00|
Not sure which course to choose?
Request a call so we can talk about:
- Funding eligibility criteria
- Course study models
- Estimated job salaries
"*" indicates required fields