CivilEdge reserves the right to cancel or defer any course and will make all reasonable effort to promptly notify you.
Where courses are rescheduled individuals will be booked onto the next available course or if not suitable a full refund will be offered. If for some reason you are unable to attend your course you must notify CivilEdge immediately.
Shortly after receiving your booking confirmation, you will receive an email from CivilEdge with additional course information including links to complete enrolment documentation such as online Enrolment form (that also includes Pre-Training Review), Language Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) quiz and an Evidence of Identity Form (where applicable).
These documents must be submitted to CivilEdge by 1pm on the business day prior to the course commencement day. These will assist us to confirm your suitability for the course and help us to prepare for any needs or support you may require.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents received by CivilEdge after 1pm may not be considered for enrolment and your booking will not proceed. You can request to transfer your booking to another course date (subject to availability), and it may incur a fee. See “Course Transfer” below for more information.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellations for individual students (not part of a Business Bookings – see below) will be accepted if CivilEdge is formally notified in writing more than seven (7) days prior to the course date (or the original course date if the booking is moved). In this instance, CivilEdge will refund the cost of the course. Students on a payment plan will also receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received within seven (7) days of the original course date but more than two (2) days prior to the date of training will incur a 50% fee of the total course cost, plus any other costs incurred by CivilEdge. Students on a payment plan must pay 2 of their 4 installments/ This means that the payment plan will be left in place until 2 payments have been made, then it will be cancelled.
- Cancellations received within two (2) days of the original course commencement and no-shows will result in a forfeit of total course cost, plus any other costs incurred by CivilEdge. Payment plans will be left in place for cancellations within two (2) days of the course or no shows.
- Refunds for payment plans only apply to the course fee, not any fees that are accrued through the Ezypay such as late fee / transaction fee.
- Refunds for the course fee are not issued where State Authority have rejected/cancelled your accreditation (where applicable).
A non-refundable administration fee of $100 is applicable for all courses and is included in the course fee. This includes:
- Students who cancel a course prior to their payment plan commencing.
- Students who do not attend a course and have had the course paid for by a third party.
(Please note: students who cancel their booking more than 7 days prior to the course start date will not incur this fee)
- Students can transfer to another CivilEdge course if CivilEdge is notified more than seven (7) days prior to the original course date. Transfers received within seven (7) days of the course date will be assessed on a case by case basis. The first transfer will attract a minimum fee of $20.00 per student.
- All subsequent transfers will attract a minimum fee of $30.00 per student. Transfers cannot occur after the date of the course.
- If you wish to apply for a refund please obtain a copy of our ‘Application for Refund’ form which can be obtained via this website.
- If for any unforeseen circumstances there are changes to the agreed services, CivilEdge will advise the learner(s) as soon as practicable, including in relation to any change in ownership or training course delivery. We also encourage learners to be aware of their rights as a consumer under consumer law.
- In the event that CivilEdge closes or are no longer able to provide the training and assessment services as initially agreed between CivilEdge and the student, then CivilEdge will:
– Arrange for agreed training and assessment to be completed through another RTO (fees may be incurred). Prior to the transfers students will be formally notified of the arrangements including any refund of fees that may be applicable; or
– Provide a pro-rata based on hours completed to date for units that have been commenced prior to the course being withdrawn.
- See also sections “Readiness to Progress” and “Reassessment fees” in the Student Handbook.
Our marketing materials detail all equipment or resources you will need to provide as part of your course. If you cancel or withdraw from your study, then you will not be entitled to a refund for these equipment and/or resources.
Courses on Promotion / Specials
The above Cancellation and Refund policy DOES NOT apply when you enrol in a course that is on promotions / specials. Please refer to the individual course information page on our website for specific Terms and Conditions. Some conditions include (but not limited to):
- The discounted fee is only applicable when the course is completed within a specified promotion period.
- Course transfers will not be available. Once booked into a course, you will NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSFER to another course.
- NO REFUNDS. Once booked into the course using the discount, NO REFUNDS will be issued if you withdraw from the course or unable to attend
Private/Corporate Bookings (B2B)
Once a booking is confirmed, all participants will receive an email with the course information and links to complete enrolment documentation. This includes a comprehensive Enrolment Form, Pre-Training Review (PTR), Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment and Evidence of Identity Form (for White Card course)
These documents are mandatory to enrol into a CivilEdge course and will assist us to confirm the learners’ suitability for the course and help us to prepare for any support they may require.
These documents MUST be submitted by participants before 1pm on a business day prior to the course commencement day. Any documents received after this time will not be considered for enrolment for that particular course.
Businesses booking on the behalf of their staff (participants) are strongly recommended to encourage their staff to complete and submit these documents as soon as possible.
CIvilEdge will advise the minimum and maximum number of participants for each course. This number may vary due to a number of factors such as State requirements, venue availability and course structure.
If the number of participants is less than minimum number advised by CivilEdge, either due to clients not providing participant details, participants not completing enrolment documents on time (as stated above), or participants not attending the course, the agreed full course fee will remain payable for the minimum participants.
Course dates can be transferred where CivilEdge has been notified in writing (subject to availability of the venue and trainer). Transfers requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and may incur transfer fees. The first transfer may attract a minimum fee of $20.00 per participant. All subsequent transfers may attract a minimum fee of $30.00 per participant.
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, cancellation of the courses will be accepted if the course is cancelled greater than ten (10) business days prior to the course commencement without a cancellation fee.
If the cancellation request is received less than or equal to ten (10) business days prior to the course commencement, the agreed full course fee will remain payable for minimum participants.
Clients can replace an enrolled participant with another participant in a course with no additional fee, up to 2 business days before the course. The new participant MUST complete and submit the required enrolment documentation before 1pm (Melbourne time) on a business day prior to course commencement day.
If for some reason a candidate is unable to attend the course, or fails to complete assessment activities, full charges will apply unless agreed otherwise with CivilEdge.
Refunds will not be issued if a participant begins the course or assessment activity but fails to complete it and full charges will apply unless agreed otherwise with CivilEdge.
Upon successful completion of the course (and the course fee paid in full), a Certificate / Statement of Attainment will be issued directly to the participants and not to the client.