CivilEdge reserves the right to cancel or defer any course and will make all reasonable effort to promptly notify you.
Where courses are rescheduled individuals will be booked onto the next available course or if not suitable a full refund will be offered. If for some reason you are unable to attend your course you must notify CivilEdge immediately.
- Cancellations for individual students (not part of a Business Bookings – see below) will be accepted if CivilEdge is formally notified in writing more than seven (7) days prior to the course date. In this instance, CivilEdge will refund the cost of the course. Students on a payment plan will also receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received within seven (7) days of the course date but more than two (2) days prior to the date of training will incur a 50% fee of the total course cost, plus any other costs incurred by CivilEdge. Students on a payment plan must pay 2 of their 4 installments/ This means that the payment plan will be left in place until 2 payments have been made, then it will be cancelled.
- Cancellations received within two (2) days of course commencement and no-shows will result in a forfeit of total course cost, plus any other costs incurred by CivilEdge. Payment plans will be left in place for cancellations within two (2) days of the course or no shows.
- Refunds for payment plans only apply to the course fee, not any fees that are accrued through the Ezypay such as late fees.
- Students can transfer to another CivilEdge course if CivilEdge is notified more than seven (7) days prior to the original course date. Transfers received within seven (7) days of the course date will be assessed on a case by case basis. The first transfer will attract a minimum fee of $20.00 per student.
- All subsequent transfers will attract a minimum fee of $30.00 per student. Transfers cannot occur after the date of the course.
- If you wish to apply for a refund please obtain a copy of our ‘Application for Refund’ form which can be obtained via our website civiledge.com.au.
- If for any unforeseen circumstances there are changes to the agreed services, CivilEdge will advise the learner(s) as soon as practicable, including in relation to any change in ownership or training course delivery. We also encourage learners to be aware of their rights as a consumer under consumer law.
- In the event that CivilEdge closes or are no longer able to provide the training and assessment services as initially agreed between CivilEdge and the student, then CivilEdge will:
– Arrange for agreed training and assessment to be completed through another RTO (fees may be incurred). Prior to the transfers students will be formally notified of the arrangements including any refund of fees that may be applicable; or
– Provide a pro-rata based on hours completed to date for units that have been commenced prior to the course being withdrawn.
- See also sections “Readiness to Progress” and “Reassessment fees” in the CivilEdge Student Handbook.
Our marketing materials detail all equipment or resources you will need to provide as part of your course. If you cancel or withdraw from your study, then you will not be entitled to a refund for these equipment and/or resources.
Course Fees and Charges
- Course fees for private courses are agreed on a case-by-case basis.
- CivilEdge will require notification of participant details at least 3-days prior to the commencement of the course. Participant details include the candidate’s name, USI number, email address and phone number.
- Invoices for courses will be raised upon booking, payment terms are 7 days
- Participant certification will not be issued.
Cancellation, Transfer & Refund Policy
- If you cancel your private course less than or equal to ten (10) business days prior to the course commencement, the total course fee is payable to CivilEdge.
- If you cancel your private course before ten (10) business days prior to the course commencement then no fee applies.
- If you cancel your private course is cancelled due to COVID restrictions the course will be rescheduled to a mutually agreeable date and the only outstanding expense may be those related to incurred travel and accommodation cancellation charges (if any).
- You are able to replace a booked participant with another participant with no cancellation or service fee up to the day before the course.
- If for some reason a participant is unable to attend the course the client must notify CivilEdge immediately.
- If participant numbers fall below expected numbers due to no shows or cancellations the course fee will remain payable to CivilEdge.
- Refunds will not be issued if a participant begins a training course or assessment activity but fails to complete it and full charges will apply unless agreed otherwise with CivilEdge.
- If, due to unforeseen reasons outside CivilEdge’s control, CivilEdge reserves and has the right to cancel or defer any course and will make all reasonable effort to promptly notify you. When courses are rescheduled by CivilEdge individuals will be booked onto the next available course date or if not suitable a full refund will be offered.